Commonly used for joining and temporarily repairing fabric, curtains and cloth drapes in backdrops. Felt material is also used for filtration applications, gaskets, wipers, and padding in a wide variety of industries. JVCC FELT-08 hides seams being photographed and is used for applying a clean, dark edge to platforms, flats, and portals. Can also be used to create matte borders or edges and to line display and jewelry cases. Made in the U.S.
On many of the adhesive felt products the rolls will have an approximately 2 inch to 4 inch leader of double-sided film tape applied to the release liner before the felt material starts. We recommend you either cut a small piece of felt off at the beginning of the roll with a pair of scissors to start, or peel the double-sided film tape off of the release liner to use as a way to begin applying the felt (try not to pull the double-sided film tape off of the felt backing though). It is sometimes easier to try to peel the corner of the felt away from the release liner (instead of the release liner away from the felt) since you may end up splitting the release liner when you do it that way.
JVCC FELT-08 Polyester Felt Tape
- Carrier/Backing: non-woven polyester felt
- Adhesive: synthetic rubber How are adhesives different?
- Release Liner: paper (reverse wound)
- Thickness: 128 mils (carrier, adhesive, liner) 118 mils (carrier, adhesive) 10 mils (liner) What is mil thickness?
- Adhesion: 130 ounces per inch (to stainless steel test panel)
- Service/Operating Temperature: -30°F to 150°F
- Application Temperature: 60°F (minimum)
- Core: 3″ diameter